That's me~Michelle. I decided to write a few things about Myself since my name is Michelle. Today's letter is M for Alphabe~ Thursday with Jenny Matlock. A while back I was given a Beautiful Blogger Award from Debbie at Debbiedoos, I put it on the back burner, but didn't forget. Thank you again Debbie, this was so kind of you. Oh, by the way she is having a mighty tastey give~away, so please stop by and visit her blog. Your suppose to pass the award on to 15 other blogs and tell 7 things about yourself. I love all the blogs I read and have a hard time choosing, plus alot of these blogs are award free, so I'll be skipping that part. Here are the 7 things you probably didn't know about Me.......
1. My first 5 years of life were spent in Japan. My dad was in the Military, so we moved there when I was a few months old. My parents say I spoke Japanese fluently, since we lived out in town and I played with the local Japanese kids. I don't remember any of language now.
2. My furry mammals are Harry and Twinkles. They are our pet have guinea pigs. When they here me coming they start whistling and squealing for food. Below is a picture of Twinkles, she is about 6 years old. Could her eyes bulge any further out, LOL!!!
4. My first born son is very artistic. He has been doing art, especially oil painting for the longest time(I featured a couple of his painting in a previous post). He even took up the electric guitar and now plays bass. He, also, is my hairdresser! Wonder how my daughter and I got those curly locks in pics above, he did them!! He came to us in his senior year of high school and said he was interested in cosmetology. My husband didn't take this too well, at first, me, I knew he had it in him. He has always been conscience of how he looks and dresses. I knew this would be a good career for him. (He has girlfriends, just to let everyone know, and not that it matters..just sayin'...:) Well, he graduated high school last year and now graduates cosmetology school this Saturday. I am fortunate to have a few hairdresser friends and they have helped him tremenously. He even interned in my friends salon. My husband finely saw what he can do and realized this was right for him, too. My whole family goes to him, (even my mother in~law), and his friends, too! We are very proud him!!!
5. My artistic side. I taught myself to paint, quilt, and do various crafts. I knew we would be moving around, since I married a military man, he would be deployed and I would do various projects while he was gone. I use to paint, alot, escpecially when country crafts were popular. I can even do some Donna Dewberry type painting. Here are a couple little quilts I did.
6. I love Music. I always have a radio on or a CD in. On the computer, I use Pandora. You find just about everything on there. I enjoy a variety of music from top 40, jazz, and even like a little rap. Don't laugh, I'm talking 80's stuff or something with more of a beat and I know the words.
7. My home is My comfort zone. I truly enjoy my home and my family. Sometimes while were out my husband will joke and say "you ready to get back to your "comfort zone"? Nothing like being away, even for a weekend, to get back to your own bed!!!
That's my "M" post about myself.....Michelle. Thank Jenny for having this weekly blog event, it's one of my favorites! You see many more M items on her blog at Jenny Matlock...off my tangent. May you have a marvelous Day!.....Michelle (p.s. sorry about the white showing up in the post, I must have pressed the wrong thing...not sure how to go back and fix without erasing everything.)