Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Leaping Lizards!!


Wow, it's been awhile since being on here!! My computer was acting up, we switched internet providers and had some "issues". I've been catching up little by little. This is a post I had for last week but thought it could be used for Outdoor Wednesday. We have lizards everywhere in the summer time. I even saved one this morning, it was in the pool filter! This little guy let me take a couple of pics of him. I was just out back on the covered patio when I spotted him. He was probably looking for his dinner.


He's keeping his eye on me, LOL!




I can't believe how close he let me get. It's kinda creepy and cool looking at the texture of his skin. My kids really liked the up close pics, too. We could see details we normally don't get see.


This is a lizard I painted on the fence a few years ago. I thought it was appropriate since we have so many of them running around. I used acrylic paint that was made for staying on wood. It really has lasted! I am joining Susan for her Outdoor Wednesday meme. Your can see more great outdoor shots on her blog. I hope everyone gets a chance to get outside today. I have been outdoors in my yard remulching, adding flowers, and pulling weeds for about the last two weeks. The weather has been awesome! Also, my blogger friend Debbie of Debbiedoos... loves livin in the Carolinas is having a giveaway. She has a wonderful and entertaining blog, so go by visit her and enter to win a $25.00 gift certificate to Red Lobster. Love me some seafood!!! Have a great day......Michelle

11 comments:

Allison Shops said...

We have the green lizards too. I love them, but detest the Blue Tailed Skinks. Do you have those? At least one of my pets always catches one each warm season - it can kill them, but so far, we've been lucky. It's only made them "high" for several days. Dropping by from Outdoor Wednesday.

Allison
AtticMag

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Wasn't he the photogenic little fellow!!! Love your fence painting, it's great!!!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Michelle!
Oh he is so cool! I just adore these guys. They live on our back deck as well and wait for us to water the flowers and then they drink the water. So cute! You took some great photos.

I'm so happy you came by. Thank you for your kindness! You are always welcome anytime my friend.

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

joanna said...

A great outdoor Wednesday photo -- love how you got so close, I agree with you -- it is all in the details the beauty and magic we miss when we don't take the time and get up close and personal - amazing he posed for you,

Joanny
http://thedowsersdaughter.blogspot.com

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Michelle, I sure have missed you on here. I was thinking about you the other day and was hoping all was o.k. Glad it was just computer issues. I love those little green lizards. I had a pet on when I was a kid. We have some here, too, but we mostly have these creepy blue striped ones. Your painting is fantastic on the fence. I did not know you were artistic!

Michelle said...

Thank you, Kim, that was very sweet. I appreciate it. I can't imagine blue lizards, very creepy!

Debbiedoos said...

I thought when I moved from Florida I would never see lizards again, boy was I wrong, we have tons here in the South Carolina area, big fat ones too!~ I love those little guys!

Blogs said...

I love green! Lizards are sooo cute!

Americana Lady said...

It looks like the GEICO gecko, don't you think? Joan @Americana By Candlelight

Michelle said...

Joan, definetley looks like the gecko from the Gieco commercial.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.