Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Around the Yard and Back"

I've been out in the yard, alot! The weather has been just gorgeous! My husband was getting some extra hours at work, so I decided to tackle the yard myself. I weeded, mulched, and just spruced things up. The kids did help with the edging and the mowing. Thank goodness! This picture is of my Knockout roses around the lantern. They filled in quickly. They originally start out as 3 little potted plants. Aren't they something?


This bottom picture is before the sprucing up and new mulch.






This is another shot of the front yard beds before redoing them. My dear husband made the one in the center of the yard in a heart shape for me last year on Mother's day. I know, very sweet and thoughtful of him. :)


The beds are getting  some new flowers. I do have some perrenials that I cut back, that are starting to flower now. My elm tree fluffed up nicely this year, too.




 I liked my first elm tree so much, I planted this one here on the other side of the front yard. It is replacing a little palm tree that didn't make it. I think the elm will do better in its place. Hopefully, the grass will come in better.


Here is a garden angel peeking out from the lorapetlum bushes. The picture below is a better shot of daisies planted in the front bed.


My metal sun needed some refreshing, as well. Poor thing!



Here he is, all shiny and bright, with some yellow spray paint. I like how you can see the details better now.


My little hummingbird got some much needed paint, too.



I think he turned out pretty well and looks good among the lugustrims that are about to bloom. (I'm sure my allergies will flair up again.) I have few other things to spray paint and will post them after.


Oh, I have new theme in my backyard this year. I was always trying to do a tuscan look, but never quite could. I am loving the nautical theme instead. It just seems natural being in FL and having a pool. (By the way, the jacuzzi is coming along quite well.) The little crabby dish towel was only $1.49 and the little latern was $2.00 at Home Goods.


I have crabs! LOL! Just joking! They are plastic and from Home Goods. They were kinda on the pricey side. I couldn't resist though, I thought they would go great with theme. I hope to do another table vignette dressed up with them.





The lobster sign I got a Ross for $4.99. Another great touch to the nautical theme.




Here's are mosaic using the pics from the front and back.



Another picture of the daisies using my photo editing website. I love the how the butterflies look like they're really  flying in the picture! 


I am linking up with several blogging parties today....thank you ladies very much for having them. Please go by and visit them, there are so many ideas and so much inspiration to be found!....Michelle

Monday:

Tuesday:



22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mosaic is really nice. Aren't you glad winter is over? No more snow pictures for a while..

Di
The BLue Ridge Gal

Debbiedoos said...

You did great with that yellow paint, it really did brighten things up, I am glad you liked it!~ Your gardens are looking great too!

Bobbi Ann said...

Very nice mosaic!

The Tablescaper said...

Looks like you were productive!!!

Come visit as I'm having a GIVE AWAY!

- The Tablescaper

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Michelle, are you painting everything yellow like Debbiedoos? lol. Don't you love getting out and working in the yard. I sure do. I love your nautical theme you are going with that will look nice.

Melissa Miller said...

Michelle your yard is gorgeous! I really love the red and pink knock out roses. They are huge and so pretty! ~Beautifully done. :)

Liz @ MLC said...

You have a lovely garden. Happy MYM.

I played too. Mine is here.

Tina said...

I like Mr. Sun. Lovely yellow flowers!

My mellow yellow is up here.

Vivapinay
The Recycling Loop

Americana Lady said...

Everything looks really good! I have a heart in my landscaping too. I like your mosaic. It is very colorful with the items from you new theme. Happy Monday, Joan

Natasha in Oz said...

So many pretty things to look at! I just love everything you have done to your lovely garden but I think the yellow sun is my favorite!

Best wishes for a beautiful week,
Natasha.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful blooms and landacaping. I love your mosaic and the crabs.

Carol at Serendipity said...

Very nice mosaic - Those crabs are wonderful.

Carol

A Garden of Threads said...

Lovely mosaic, the sun and hummingbird do look better. Have a wonderful week.

xinex said...

You have a beautiful garden, love that nautical sign....Christine

Kim, USA said...

Oh my..I so love your flowers and all your knick knacks. Happy weekdays!

MYM~Cake&Drink
Macro~Antzy
BlueMonday~Blue Jars

life's journey said...

Oh they all pretty...happy MYM!

Unknown said...

Well I love a touch of yellow. Nothing says spring more! :)

~Liz

Blogs said...

Oh everything looks so sunny and bright:) Can't wait til summer! Favorite time of year:)

Anita Diaz said...

I wish I had done all that in my yard, lol!! The winter really wrecked everything here and being in the woods, there's a lot of brush to pick up. Yours looks great...can't believe the roses!!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Luv your beautiful roses! The yellow paint looks so FUN in your yard!

Blessings,
Linda

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Michelle, don't you just love Spring & everything coming back to life? Your roses look great! I planted some small knockout rose bushes last year & I cut them back in the fall & last month! They are getting big like yours. Your yard is looking good! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.

Atticmag said...

You've been really busy in the yard and it shows. Thanks for stopping by. -- Jane F.